We have for sale one pre-owned Anschutz 9003 Air Rifle in a Precise stock. This rifle was used by Jen McIntosh from 2009 until 2014, including the 2012 Olympic Games in London where she competed in the first medal event of the Games - the 10m Air Rifle Women - which started at 08:15 on the first morning after the Opening Ceremony.
The rifle has been serviced recently. A new grip has been added to replace the one that Jen had substantially modified. There are two cylinders - one blue, one silver - both dated in 2009 so a new cylinder will be required next year. Sights are not included. It does come with a Gun Guard hard case.
This model was superseded by the 9015, but the original product text is shown below:
Only real innovations and absolutely new technology provide you with the best results! The model 9003 Premium is the new definition for top class target compressed air rifles.
Recoil and vibration-free ANSCHUTZ compressed air barreled action. Tension free connection and vibration damping fixing of the barreled action in the aluminum stock through patent-pending Soft Link shock absorber pads and absolutely maintenance-free stabilizer working axially to shot release. Ultra-short lock time due to compound materials, optimized firing pin and new trigger unit. New and innovative safety concept.
- The wedge-shaped design has been calculated by vibration test analysis
- New barrel bearing in stock
- Milled out of high strength quality aluminum
- Precise aluminum butt plate with individual adjustment possibilities
- Multifunctional adjustment possibilities with precise adjustment
- A progressional and millimetre accurate scaling exclude mix-ups of parameters
- The actuated, positive form and force-fit clamping of butt plate
- Large knurled head screws at backend offer high operating comfort.
The S2 version has improved air flow characteristics and needs about 50% less impact energy to open the valve when firing the shot. Thus the air rifle barreled action is subjected to almost no vibrations. This has been achieved by changing the following components:
- Valve body and valve (the valve body is coated with gold).
- Action head (visible from the golden coating).
- Improved cocking piston.
- New stabilizer which has a higher mass and an extended adjusting range.
- New spring box.
- New pressure regulator.